Friday, April 19, 2013

Since my description says that I am opinionated then I shall begin opining.  Since my description says that I am not a fan of conflict I have been reluctant to proceed with my expression.  If you agree with me or find my perspective worth pondering, please engage!  If you disagree or have a very different opinion, please be kind.  I encourage freedom of speech with civility.

My current situation involves something that most of society would deem a darn shame if not tragic.  You see, I have a son (A) who has recently been arrested, is in jail and awaiting a hearing to see if his case should continue to trial.  Darn shame?  Sure.  As his Mom I cry "It's not supposed to be this way."   As a Christ following, fervent praying Mom I say Hallelujah!  God does what God needs to do to accomplish what God wants! {" The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent." 2 Peter 3:9*} 

He is safe!  His brain is not continually being altered by the chemicals that cause him to see life in a tragic, distorted way....the way that killed his brother 3 years ago yesterday.  I have hope for his recovery as long as he is breathing!  My God is a God of hope. { "I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." Rom 15:13*}  Walking by faith means I don't always see that God is working {Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. Heb 11:1*} but I know He is and my son's arrest is clear evidence that He is.  Sure,  it is a darn shame...even tragic that God's chosen path for A is this way but God knows us and what will work best to get through our human, self entitled, stubborn, prideful little minds so that we choose to turn (repent)  from our destructive ways and walk into the promise that He made to us through Christ.

A may choose to walk away again from this path but I have confident hope that God will not let go of the child He gave me to fervently pray for.  I rejoice that He hears and answers, and hope that A chooses the promise of Christ before his final breath.

Amen.

*New Living Translation

5 comments:

  1. I personally cheer you for your words. For your insights and your courage. I feel your pain, have seen your pain even though I personally have not experienced your same situation. Carla you are a strong woman of God. Prayers are mighty! Thank you for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words speak volumes of your steadfast faith. I am so proud of you!ILYMWL

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is truly in control! As mere humans we tend to allow ourselves to waiver on that truth...allowing the demons of fear to take the place of the truth....that he is definently in control! A's path has not come to an end...we may not know where it leads and neither does A, but our Father does, because he has already walked it and prepared it for him! Our time in his word and our prayers are the beautiful communication that we have with him....I join you in prayer Carla, I know that as a Mother these kinds of things can wear us down....know that you have a prayer warrior right here joining you in believing that God has this!! He will take care of this!! I agree with Kim, Prayers are mighty and you ARE a strong woman of God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope is why Jesus died and rose again. He is our living hope. Hope is one of the most important gifts he's given us, and the most needed. I heard a preacher say recently, and he may have been quoting someone else, (this is loosely paraphrased) that man can live without food for few months, without water for perhaps a few weeks, but man cannot live one hour without hope.

    Often times when we are seeing life through the lens of our fears and pain, we do not see the hope and our faith gets swallowed up. I have been there, as you know, and it is through God's word, prayer and the testimony of others who have overcome that re-spark that hope. We walk by faith not sight.

    Love you sister and you and A have my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Be still.............and know", dearest Carla.

    ReplyDelete